Knowledge safety specialist Veritas Systems has introduced a new version of its venerable NetBackup, viewed as a conventional in the enterprise info defense enterprise.
The Santa Clara, Calif.-primarily based business promises that NetBackup 9 has “significant new features” to supply customers with extra choices for deployment across edge, main and cloud, although expanding operational simplicity.
NetBackup 9 has been designed to answer the demands of users functioning demanding multi-cloud facts facilities with heterogenous environments that require a knowledge protection platform without compromise. With NetBackup 9, Veritas now provides Flex Scale, which delivers a scale-out deployment possibility primarily based on Veritas’ validated reference layout.
This new architecture provides a hyperconverged method to knowledge security that delivers cloud-like simplicity and scalability in an on-premises knowledge centre, Veritas said. With NetBackup Flex Scale, businesses no more time need to forecast capacity requirements and provision in anticipation of potential development. Rather, they are capable to just include far more nodes as essential. By empowering enterprises to prolong their standardization on Veritas to include scale-out, customers can be freed from the management complexity linked with disparate point alternatives for data protection.
NetBackup 9: Scale-out architecture with Flex Scale: NetBackup 9 is presently obtainable in far more flexible deployment modes than are presented by any participant in the business and, with the inclusion of its new scale-out hyper-converged method, Veritas continues to develop client selection whilst decreasing complexity, value and threat. NetBackup application-defined deployment modes now include:
- NetBackup: in the cloud, on Make-Your-Have Server (BYOS), intent-designed appliances and virtual appliances
- NetBackup Flex: protected, multitenant containerized deployment
- NetBackup Flex Scale: a computer software-described, automated, hyperconverged solution for subsequent generation data centers
NetBackup 9: Operational Simplicity: The start of NetBackup 9 even further reinforces Veritas’ focus on abstracting the complexity of business IT. NetBackup streamlines administration of the most dynamic environments through orchestrated automation of discovery, security, and recovery. In accordance to the firm, this most current launch adds:
- Highly developed, coverage-driven automation to control all elements of deployment, provisioning, scaling, load-balancing, cloud integration and recovery operations.
- Auto discovery of workloads to accelerate time-to-worth for details safety expert services, do away with gaps in safety and cut down hazard.
- API-initial concentration that expands and deepens integrations into enterprises existing toolchains and cloud-based workflows.
- Simplified business information defense for mission-essential OpenStack environments.
NetBackup 9 also includes new features to simplify business knowledge safety for mission-critical OpenStack environments. Employing OpenStack indigenous APIs, NetBackup 9 options integration, multi-tenant controls and intuitive self-provider administration.
NetBackup 9 is out there now. Go listed here for additional data.