If when you attempt to set up or uninstall any application on your Home windows 10 unit, you get the prompt indicating Mistake 1327 – Invalid Push, then this put up is meant to help you. Most customers will encounter this mistake in the course of Microsoft Place of work set up. In this publish, we will detect the probable will cause, as properly as supply the most suitable solutions you can check out to correctly take care of the situation.
This error occurs owing to the following causes:
- When the drive getting employed for the installation of the application is not valid.
- The installer is seeking to finish the operation on a network locale that is not mapped.
Error 1327 – Invalid Drive
If you are faced with this issue, you can try our encouraged solutions underneath in no unique buy and see if that can help to resolve the concern.
- Operate 3rd-occasion software uninstaller
- Substitute route of the problematic generate
- Modify the registry
- Disconnect network drive
- Map the unmapped community generate
- Indication into one more user account
Let’s take a appear at the description of the method concerned regarding just about every of the shown solutions.
1] Operate third-get together software package uninstaller
If this takes place when you are attempting to install software program that was beforehand eliminated, it is most likely some of the leftover/residual information of the previous plan may possibly generate a conflict. In this circumstance, you should really use a third-social gathering software uninstaller to wholly thoroughly clean the process from old or unused software package.
2] Substitute route of the problematic push
This option involves you to the SUBST command to substitute the route of the problematic generate and redirect to a appropriate push. Here’s how:
- Push Home windows crucial + R to invoke the Operate dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, variety
cmdand then push CTRL + Change + ENTER to open Command Prompt in admin/elevated manner.
- In the command prompt window, form the command below and strike Enter – wherever
Xis the placeholder for the non-existent push (the push letter demonstrated on the error prompt) and
Yis the placeholder for your OS drive (exactly where Home windows 10 is set up ordinarily
subst X: Y:
- When the command executes efficiently, near the elevated CMD prompt and restart your laptop or computer.
On boot, repeat the endeavor that was beforehand causing the difficulty and see if the challenge is now resolved. If not, try the subsequent answer.
3] Modify the registry
Considering the fact that this is a registry operation, it is encouraged that you again up the registry or create a program restore point as important precautionary measures. The moment completed, you can continue as follows:
- On the appropriate pane, establish any entry that has the problematic push letter shown on the error prompt (in this circumstance
K) and modify it to the OS drive (commonly
- As soon as completed, simply click Ok to save changes.
- Restart your computer system. The situation ought to be fixed.
Now, if you’re encountering the issue with an older Microsoft Business installation or when seeking to update your current Office installation to a newer model, the situation can also be triggered by LocalCacheDrive registry entry that is invalid. In this situation, you can repair the difficulty by modifying the LocalCacheDrive to a legitimate letter. Here’s how:
Get the necessary precautionary measure, then carry on as follows:
- In Registry Editor, navigate or bounce to the registry important route below:
- At the spot, on the still left pane, click on the subfolder affiliated with your Workplace set up. See desk beneath to assess the to start with two digits with the corresponding Business suite edition.
|Initial two digits||Place of work edition|
|11||Microsoft Workplace 2003|
|12||Microsoft Workplace 2007|
|14||Microsoft Office 2010|
|15||Microsoft Office 2013|
|16||Microsoft Business 2016/19|
- Decide on the Delivery key.
- On the suitable pane, double-simply click on LocalCacheDrive entry to edit its attributes.
- In the attributes window, set the Worth Details to your OS travel (most commonly C).
- Simply click Alright to conserve the modifications.
- Restart your pc.
The issue should be settled now. Usually, attempt the future alternative.
4] Disconnect community drive
Disconnecting the community generate answer will get the job done only if the community travel seems in This Personal computer in File Explorer.
To disconnect the network generate, do the subsequent:
- Push Home windows critical + E to open up File Explorer.
- Click on This Pc.
- Push CTRL + F1 vital to open ribbon with instruments.
- Click Map network travel.
- Find Disconnect community travel from the fall-down.
Repeat the motion that previously triggered the mistake and see if the issue has been solved. If not, try the up coming remedy.
5] Map the unmapped network push
If the drive which is indicated on the mistake prompt is not actually mapped, it is incredibly likely that you never have authorization to install the application on the community drive. In this scenario, you can map the community generate and see if that allows.
5] Signal into a different person account
You can also try out to signal in to an additional consumer account, then check out the set up or uninstall of the app/plan and see if the error nonetheless occurs. If you really do not have a secondary consumer account on your equipment, you want to build a new account.
Hope this aids!